December 26, 2011

My Bookworm Santa + Broke & Bookish Secret Santa

This year, as a new member of the book blogging community, I decided to participate in two different bookish Secret Santa events. I love books and I always feel extra generous at Christmas, so I didn't even hesitate when I signed up for both!

EVENT #1: MY BOOKWORM SANTA 
(Hosted by Michelle of Book Briefs & Bree of The Magic Attic)

RECEIVED:


I received these two awesome books from my Secret Santa, Heather from Book Stacks on Deck!

Lola & The Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
The Summoning by Kelley Armstrong

SENT:


I sent a copy of Inheritance by Christopher Paolini to my Secret Santa, Amanda (a.k.a. Coranne) of Short and Sweet Reviews. I haven't heard word from her, but I hope she received it!  Inheritance is the conclusion to the Inheritance Cycle, which began with Eragon and last let off with Brisingr. I loved this series and it was the book that I immediately wanted to get her when I saw it on her wishlist.



As Michelle has already mentioned, I surprised her with a copy of Divergent by Veronica Roth off of her wish list! I loved Divergent (it's my favorite read of 2011) and I definitely wanted her to have it and (hopefully) enjoy it as much as I have!


Event #2: A Broke & Bookish Secret Santa 2011

RECEIVED:



Matched by Ally Condie
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
A cute bookmark
A lovely card
Hershey's Kisses

I got this awesome package filled with books, sweets and cute things from my secret santa, Joli of Actin' Up with Books.

SENT:



My gift for my Secret Santa Jasmine of The Reading Housewives of Indiana was:

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin
Twenty Boy Summer by Sarah Ockler
a purple bookmark
chocolates from Dylan's
a card

-----

I had so much fun participating in these two events! Thanks to Michelle, Bree & Jamie who worked tirelessly to make sure things ran as smoothly as possible. Your hard work is definitely appreciated!

2 Comments:

  1. Michelle@Book BriefsFebruary 6, 2012 at 12:12 PM

    Thank you soo much for Divergent. I did a happy dance when I opened it! You rock!! Thanks for participating. I got my roommate Lola for christmas this year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was my first Christmas as a book blogger too, and I loved participating in My Bookworm Santa. You got and sent some great stuff! I have Lola and the Boy Next Door (won it a couple months ago) and I can't wait to read it. I read The Summoning a couple years ago and really enjoyed it. And I still need to read Divergent. I think I'll have to bump that up on my 2012 reading list!

    Loving your blog. New follower. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! I love seeing what you have to say, and will try to reply (here or on Twitter) as soon as I can :)